Monday, January 3, 2011

Movie Characters I Want to Be

This is sort of like that other movie character list from a few days ago. Only it's not characters I like; it's characters I want to be like.

Sugar Kane (Marilyn Monroe), Some Like It Hot
Sugar and I are actually quite similar. We both keep falling in love with the wrong man, each breakup a blow to the already depressed psyche. And making out with Tony Curtis is a major plus.

Henry Hill (Ray Liotta), Goodfellas
"As far back as I can remember, I always wanted to be a gangster" is the sentence we hear as we're introduced to Henry. And once he becomes a "wise guy", he's living the high life, a life that would make anyone jealous.

The Joker (Heath Ledger), The Dark Knight
He is such a badass. Terrorizing a whole city? Hell yeah. It would also be kinda cool to kill someone with a pencil.

Michael Corleone (Al Pacino), The Godfather
Much like Henry, Michael lives in luxury from the gangster lifestyle. He also calculates the perfect hit. Wealth, intelligence and a cunning nature, the very things a true gangster should have.

Gilda (Rita Hayworth), Gilda
She makes every man around her melt. That's a trait I wish I had.

So who would want to be?

3 comments:

  1. Not so long ago I created a similar list. I tried to stick to female characters but we have a male one in common - the Joker (Heath Ledger's, of course).

    ReplyDelete
  2. If it were me I'd go for William Miller in ALMOST FAMOUS, Arthur in INCEPTION, and jason Bourne in the Bourne trilogy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting choices - excuse me while I go psychoanalyze them all. Just kidding :).

    Allow me to answer on behalf of all guys (apparently not named Mad Hatter) and say we all want to be James Bond - preferably Sean Connery style but I'd settle for Lazenby.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are appreciated. More so if they are appropriate.