Friday, September 10, 2010

Snatch

I've been watching a good number of British movies recently, more so ones from the last twenty years (Trainspotting, In Bruges). And I've noticed one major thing: the Brits drop the f-bomb A LOT.

An 84 carat diamond is stolen by (and stolen from) Frankie "Four Fingers" (Benicio del Toro), which leads to a large chain of events involving diamond dealers, thieves, bounty hunter "Bullet Tooth" Tony (Vinnie Jones), Irish gypsy Mickey O'Neil (Brad Pitt), sadistic gangster "Brick Top" Pilford (Alan Ford), and boxing promoters Turkish (Jason Statham) and Tommy (Stephen Graham).

One word best sums up Snatch: insane. It's all over the place, but it's still entertaining. Pitt captured my interest, even though I couldn't understand what the hell he was saying a good chunk of the time. The only other Guy Ritchie movie I've seen was the much saner Sherlock Holmes, and Snatch is on a whole other level.

My Rating: ****

3 comments:

  1. Gotta watch Snatch with Pitt subtitles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Although I was mildly amused by Lock, Stock, I just think Guy Richie is a hack. I don't like him, and I don't like his movies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I gotta agree with Dan. Lock Stock seemed like he might have potential but everything I've seen from him since, I didn't like.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are appreciated. More so if they are appropriate.