Saturday, October 31, 2009

The Nightmare Before Christmas

With Coraline being a success earlier this year, I thought I would review a movie where Henry Selick gets little to no credit for directing it: The Nightmare Before Christmas.

Jack Skellington (Chris Sarandon), the Pumpkin King of Halloween Town, has grown tired of the annual Halloween hijinks. While walking through the woods, he stumbles onto Christams Town. He's so taken by the town, he tries to convince the residents of Halloween Town to celebrate Christmas.

I saw this a few years ago, and it still runs through my head. From the songs to the imagery, The Nightmare Before Christmas is one movie that you'll remember.

My Rating: ****

1 comment:

  1. The animation is gorgeous, not like anything else I've seen. The movie was made in the early '90s and it has the most spectacular animation of any animated movie made in the '90s!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are appreciated. More so if they are appropriate.